[RE-wrenches] DC generators

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Tue Mar 5 10:01:44 PST 2013

Jay,

Two big issues I have with these is no current regulation and a fixed, 2.25V per cell output voltage. If a flooded battery bank is at a low SoC, the over current can cause damage. For AGM's this would be fine, though. The low charge voltage means very long charge time and wasted fuel. This could have much appeal to me if these two issues were fixed/changed.

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar Power Systems