[RE-wrenches] Battery EQ question, Xantrex XW system

Kevin Pegg kpegg at energyalternatives.ca
Mon Mar 4 14:28:30 PST 2013

Hi Dan,

Indeed, sounds more a psychological issue than wrenching. Last time I took on a job like this it cost me nearly $100,000 for a job we didn't start and a client we never wanted. I won't do that again that's for sure. Some people can't be helped and walking away, quickly, is the best protection for ourselves.

However if you do want to work with this client somehow and if the site had internet access, you could also do this EQ remotely. Connect the Xanbus USB Dongle, install the XWConfig software, set the computer up for remote access and you can control the MPPT remotely, including EQ charges. I have a few clients I do this for for similar reasons.

re: Honda EU2000 - not compatible with XW. Too small, and you need 120/240. I was able to _just_ use a EU3000, via 240 step up, to charge using an XW4024 with all the AC input settings at minimum.

Kevin