[RE-wrenches] 24V Module Query

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Thu Jan 24 13:27:27 PST 2013

Friends:

Again, welcome to the world of PV design.

I suggest one become accomplished at analyzing IV curves for various PV
strings.  I created a spreadsheet that helps me analyze these values.  You
can then see if you can mix and match modules to find workable solutions.

I recently was asked to upgrade a system with a bunch of Arco modules.  I
found that if I mixed strings of I believe 3 or 4 Arco modules with strings
of 1 or 2 Solar World modules (exact quantities escape me), I had a pretty
good match.  We connected these to an MX60.  After install, we tested MPP
parameters and charging rates of each string individually and the strings
combined and we found the system worked pretty well.

Good luck,

William Miller