[RE-wrenches] off grid PV connected to generator

Carl Emerson Carl at solarking.net.nz
Wed Jan 16 16:07:14 PST 2013

Hi there,

In a previous thread on this topic Chris Mason reported no problems at all
back-feeding PV derived AC into his gennie.

I quote Chris.  "Best of all is they work together happily. My Kohler 12RES
and my SMA SB3000 seem to work together perfectly, without any issues.

Although warnings have been given not to do this, it clearly can work.

I think we need to understand better what does and what does not work and
why.

Regards
Carl Emerson

 022 630 9689