[RE-wrenches] GEC for Micro-Inverters and ACPV Modules

Exeltech exeltech at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 15 07:15:36 PST 2013

Hello Mark (and all),

Exeltech AC Module inverters do not have an external ground
connection because they are certified to UL1741 as grounded
through the utility ground.  Also, and because all DC wiring
is internal to the inverter, there is no requirement for DC
ground-fault or arc-fault circuitry in our inverters.

Installers don't need to attach a ground conductor to our
inverters.  That step has already been done internally for
you.

To attain this certification, and as part of the certification
to UL1741, our inverters had to conduct 40 amps through the
chassis and inverter wiring without damage or destruction to
the conductors and connectors.

Dan Lepinski, Senior Engineer
Exeltech / Exeltech Solar Products