[RE-wrenches] Xantrex 6048 installation for house with existing automatic generator design assistance

Christopher Warfel cwarfel at entech-engineering.com
Mon Dec 30 13:45:01 PST 2013

I am working on a project that requires someone with more experience
than I have in generators and transfer switches.

Would you please contact me off line if interested

Currently

Utility fed house with two 400 amp panels.  Maximum total house current
drawn over a long monitoring period is 20 amps. Owner wanted these
panels so almost every load is on its own breaker.

The house also has a 25kVa generator on an automatic transfer switch.

Proposed

Installing two 3.2kW arrays each on its own Xantrex 80amp600Vdc charge
controller.

Battery backup system to take through momentaries and short duration (1
day? outages)

Want to use existing generator to charge batteries and power house in
the event of utility outage, and batteries are at low voltage state.

Required to automatically revert to Current situation if inverter fails
and no one is home. [This is the part that I need assistance on]

Thank you, Chris

--

Christopher Warfel, P.E.
ENTECH Engineering, Inc.

The information contained within this communication shall
be considered confidential and shall not be retransmitted
without knowledge of the sender. Please contact us if
this email reached you in error. Thank you.