[RE-wrenches] Fronius Installer Support Sucks- but who else?

Chris Mason cometenergysystems at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 12:26:36 PDT 2013

SMA just came out with their Sunny Tripower line for the US. I love the
Tripower line, I have been buying the European ones for one of our projects
and they are the greatest. I love the Bluetooth connectivity, so much
easier than running Cat5 to inverters.

http://www.sma-america.com/en_US/products/grid-tied-inverters/sunny-tripower/sunny-tripower-12000tl-us-15000tl-us-20000tl-us-24000tl-us.html

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 3:15 PM, <don at energysolarnow.com> wrote:

> Jeff- Sorry to hear about your frustration with Fronius. And thanks Bob-O
> for posting their tech support number.
> Recently I had to get this number from AEE since it is not listed in the
> Fronius manuals.
> A new installation with a pair of 11.4-3 phase Delta inverters refused to
> come up and detect the grid. A call to Barry at tech support solved the
> problem-- press the Menu button 5 times and enter a secret code number.
> This was of course undocumented in their manual. No reason for this kind of
> opaque secrecy.
> But is there any other option for 240 VAC 3-phase Delta inverters?
> (Except for Sunny Tower with single phase inverters.)  I'm about to buy
> some more for another new installation with the same service....
> Thanks
> Don Barch
> Energy Solar

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org