[RE-wrenches] GTBB resistance

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Thu Oct 10 10:43:14 PDT 2013

Just to add to Phil's comments:  I've been calculating total life cost
of battery storage  (KWH x cycle life x %DOD)  and the costs are 15 to
35 cents/ KWH to cycle a battery.  Its even higher for sealed batteries
and Li+.  It would have to be an amazing cost difference in the TOU
rates to beat the battery cost plus all the losses of AC charging/
discharging a battery.
I agree with Phil, as I've seen utilities obstruct solar since the
1980s.  Unfortunately their attitude has still not changed.
Its pretty dumb too; battery storage could help improve the reliability
of the grid.
You can't retire yet folks,  we have another battle to fight.

R.Ray Walters
CTO, Solarray, Inc
Nabcep Certified PV Installer,
Licensed Master Electrician