[RE-wrenches] SunBandit Hybrid Solar Water Heater

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Thu Oct 3 18:26:29 PDT 2013

That was one of my thoughts. It must be very advanced control to know when NOT to use utility power. Of course one could switch off the grid power….but then how well does it function without it?

Just add a few more sub $1 per watt PV modules, a high efficiency electric water heater and let the inverters do the job. And of course there is always propane.

If anyone installs one of these, let us know.

Larry