[RE-wrenches] Energy usage for an electric car

frenergy frenergy at psln.com
Sat Sep 28 20:03:50 PDT 2013

William,

        We've had a 2012 RAV4EV for the last 8 months.  On average we are consuming 13.5 KWhrs/day driving it.  This translates to about 46 mi/day, average.  For what it's worth the RAV is Tesla inside (battery, motor, controller...) though is the 'small' 42 KW battery. Tesla was putting it in the Model S but I'm not sure if they still do, they advertise just the 60 and 85KW batts now.  I added a 4KW array to keep up with the days when we travel more like 75-100 miles and it's keeping up quite well, we'll see what the winter holds...may be more driving the Jetta TDI when the weather sets in.

Bill
Feather River Solar Electric