[RE-wrenches] Search mode

Dan Fink danbob88 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 17:18:20 PDT 2013

In my experience, if the loads to bring it out of search mode are very
reactive all your bets are off, doesn't matter who made the inverter. The
solution could be as simple as changing which brand of CFL they depend on
to bring the inverter out of search. Have you tried Euro CFLs vs Chinese?
And so on, ad infinitum. Using an incandescent eliminates that variable for
you, exactly where I would start on the troubleshooting. If the system is
really so tiny that search mode is really needed..........I say add more PV
so the batteries are near 100% full almost everynight at sundown. I haven't
programmed an inverter for search mode for a long time.
Just my two cents.

Dan Fink,
Executive Director;
Otherpower
Buckville Energy Consulting
Buckville Publications LLC
NABCEP / IREC accredited Continuing Education Providers
970.672.4342