[RE-wrenches] double-insulated PV wire

Marco Mangelsdorf marco at pvthawaii.com
Fri Aug 30 13:48:38 PDT 2013

Thanks.

Yeah, the MC connectors, for example, that work with that double-insulated
wire are the one with the larger orifices, as in rated for #10 and #8
conductors if memory serves.

I called a half a dozen electrical supply warehouses in these here parts and
none of them carried the wire and hadn't even heard of it.  Leads me to
believe that not enough integrators who are now spec'ing out the TL
inverters know that double-insulated wire has to be used from the module
series string to the first enclosure and enclosed raceway where the
transition to standard THHN/THWN wire can be made.

marco

Aee Solar sells it, we bought a lot. Don't forget the normal cable gland
holes will be too small, you have to buy special units. I ended up buying
those from the UK.

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 2:59 PM, Marco Mangelsdorf <marco at pvthawaii.com>