[RE-wrenches] Hawker versusu MK

Tump tump at swnl.net
Tue Aug 13 04:16:39 PDT 2013

I install large battery banks ALL the time. We DO NOT use any battery that is incased in a metal enclosure.
REAL pain to move, cells DO go bad & when they do its a real pain to bring the engine hoist to remove them. Hard to keep the cases from leaking & rusting.
We DO use the Surrette 2 volt cells in the dual container exclusively. These are rated as a "containment vessel", & much easier to move. In the event when a cell does go bad, use a jumper to bypass the bad cell, operate w/ a lower LBCO setting leave the CC settings the same, while waiting for replacement.
1700 AH -2400 AH.
By the time you have the tractor/back hoe on site, my 2 volt cells are up n running! E mail me off list and I can give you a few tricks to move them.