[RE-wrenches] Tax credit question.

Dave Click daveclick at fsec.ucf.edu
Tue Jul 30 05:31:41 PDT 2013

The obvious disclaimers of course apply to this message...

The only time a customer would find out that they were "disallowed" is
if they are audited, right?

Anyway, from the 5695 form sent out earlier, emphasis added:
"Qualified solar electric property costs. Qualified solar electric
property costs are costs for property that uses solar energy to generate
electricity for use in your home located in the United States. No costs
relating to a solar panel or other property installed as a roof (or
portion thereof) will fail to qualify solely because the property
constitutes a structural component of the structure on which it is
installed. /*The home does not have to be your main home.*/"

"Main home" appears to be an issue only for fuel cell installations and
Part II of the form (PV credit is in Part I).

Home is defined as "A home is where you lived in 2012 and can include a
house, houseboat, mobile home, cooperative apartment, condominium, and a
manufactured home that conforms to Federal Manufactured Home
Construction and Safety Standards. 2012 Form 5695 "

It sounds like the house in Jesse's situation would qualify. A tree
stand would not.

2012 Form 5695