[RE-wrenches] RE-wrenches Digest, Vol 6, Issue 276

Bill Loesch solar1online at charter.net
Tue Jul 23 09:35:25 PDT 2013

Hi Corey,

3M makes VHB (Very High Bond) "glue" used extensively in the automotive
industry to attach trim to body panels without fasteners. If the surface
is irregular you might want to use a double sided VHB tape with a thin
layer of foam between the two glue surfaces. I would suggest contacting
3M customer service/tech support to make sure all the requirements of
your application are met by the multitude of 3M product offerings.

Good luck,

Bill Loesch
Solar 1 - Saint Louis Solar

On 22-Jul-13 11:46 AM, Corey Shalanski wrote:
> Our local inspector is allowing sticker-type labels, so we have begun
> printing our own with a laser printer. We found "weatherproof" sheets
> available in a variety of size configurations:
> http://www.onlinelabels.com/material_polyester_laser_labels.htm
>
> After about six months of testing they seem to be adhering alright to
> most surfaces, but we can't seem to get anything - including trophy
> plaques - to stick to SMA inverter cabinets (or any surface with a
> "grainy" texture) without using some sort of super glue. I'd be
> interested to hear from anyone who's found a successful method or
> product for this application.
>
> --
> Corey Shalanski
> Joule Energy
> New Orleans, LA
>

> On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 2:50 PM, Bob Ellison <reellison at gmail.com
> <mailto:reellison at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     If you're using a P touch there are labels with adhesives
>     available that are non-removable and stick on real well
>     The regular labels will unpeel at some point
>     The nonremovable ones don't unpeel their labels and hold their
>     colors very well especially inside a box
>
>     Opening a box and finding five labels laying on the bottom isn't
>     pleasant!

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
>
> Change email address & settings:

> List rules & etiquette: