[RE-wrenches] SHW expansion tank pressure

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Mon Jun 24 11:03:39 PDT 2013

Hi Carl,

Daniel's points all seem good.

We have had a Schuco system with a blown expansion tank bladder exhibiting
similar behavior to what you describe. It sounds like you said that the
expansion tank has the correct pressure at 26 psi but you might want to
bleed the expansion tank through the schrader valve a tad with the tip of a
screw driver just to verify that air comes out and not glycol.

We've also seen pressure relief valves go bad.

Good luck with your troubleshooting.

Best,

August