[RE-wrenches] outback fx service work

Bob-O Schultze bob-o at electronconnection.com
Wed Jun 12 15:58:20 PDT 2013

Todd,
For sure take it off the wall and listen to the other Wrench responses as well. Good advice. When I took an OB Service Tech class back when the FX first came out they warned us that while it was "possible" to do it while mounted, it was a bad idea. While the circuit boards are in rails to keep them in alignment, it's a loose fit and it's very hard to get the case back on without mucho grief.
This isn't the first bad tech advice I've heard of from OB recently. I just got some of that yesterday. Basically, the guy didn't know the answer to my question and just made shit up. Not good.
Bob-O