[RE-wrenches] PV on Mission Tile

Max Balchowsky max at seesolar.com
Fri Jun 7 13:22:17 PDT 2013

Jason, what we've done many tines on these types of roofs is had the homeowner work with a roofer of their choice, or we would supply one, to remove the tile on the area where the array will be. then they put down a hot mop or suitable roofing material and we install the racking and array over it. The roofer then comes back and installs the tile up to the edge of the array. This provides them with a very clean looking install that looks integrated into the tile roof. If they don't want to do that we usually use Prosolar tile track, or something similar, removing the spots where the penetration is located, drilling the tile for the riser and replacing it over the top of the riser. Prosolar has a nice demo of this procedure on their website.

Max Balchowsky
Design Engineer
SEE Systems
1048 Irvine Ave Suite 217
Newport Beach, Ca. 92660
760-403-6810
"Building a Better Future For The Next Generation"