[RE-wrenches] Defective modules-Chinese crap?

frenergy frenergy at psln.com
Wed May 29 08:01:30 PDT 2013

Hilton,

        I have not been experiencing anything unusual in failure rates.....of course I have not caved to the up-front lower cost tease of Chinese PVs and have only sold USA made PVs built by manus in biz for decades.  This choice has lost me only a few customers, maybe now they will come back.  It seems interesting to me that you would mention 3 Chinese companies as 'first tier'.  When I think of first tier I think of companies that have been around for much longer than that.

        You are absolutely right though, as an industry, "we" need to identify this problem and deal with it now, like now, lest we go the path of solar thermal in the 80's.  Possibly the solar bandwagon has become overloaded?

Bill