[RE-wrenches] Fuse sizing in battery circuits

Troy Harvey taharvey at heliocentric.org
Mon Apr 22 15:58:59 PDT 2013

Ray,

One thing I didn't understand is how you can pair a 400 amp class-T fuse with a 4/0 cable. The 400 fuse curve looks like the continuous rating is 350A in the graph supplied by Allan. Which is well above the 4/0 ampacity of 250A (copper). Anyone want to explain?

thanks,

Troy Harvey
Principal Engineer
Heliocentric