[RE-wrenches] Outback wave form

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Wed Apr 17 12:09:50 PDT 2013

We experience issues like this from time to time. PF seems to be the culprit. Have you measured it or looked at the waveform yet?  How an inverter deals with PF seems to vary broadly. For example, the Splendide XC2100 washer/dryer will not work on a Magnum Energy and a few other sine wave inverters. However,  it will run on a low cost GoPower or Samlex sine wave inverter. Below is a scope trace of voltage/current of the Magnum inverter & Splendide washer. Upper trace is voltage