[RE-wrenches] Outback wave form

Dave Palumbo dave at independentpowerllc.com
Tue Apr 16 11:12:48 PDT 2013

Jeremy,

<< What to look for? >>

Unfortunately, probably a different coffee maker.
I've gone through this with several different appliances over the years on
sine wave inverter output. Washing machines, refrigerators, dishwashers it
could be anything with electronics. Specific manufacturers typically cannot
be avoided in order to solve this issue. Year to year manufacturers may
change the design of their appliances, so blanket statements on what works
and what doesn't are unreliable. All appliances (excepting a few) are
designed to operate on utility power, not inverter power. Inverter power
(excepting Exeltech and possibly others) typically has more distortion than
utility power. Some appliances cannot tolerate the simulated inverter sine
wave power. I always council my inverter customers that I cannot guarantee
that all appliances with work flawlessly and that some may not work at all.
I advise off-grid clients to buy appliances where there is a liberal return
policy.

David Palumbo
Independent Power LLC
462 Solar Way Drive