[RE-wrenches] Fuse sizing in battery circuits

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Fri Apr 5 19:29:57 PDT 2013

Friends:

Good topic.  Some questions:

1. Most manufacturer's present an installation guide that shows one OCPD in
the battery circuit and that is in the BOS cabinet.  This means the battery
leads are unprotected.  Do we need an OPCD at the battery terminals?

2. Class T fuses are generally recommended for this application.  The data
shows them as "fast acting."  Is this a problem?  Will they act too fast
and open during normal surge loads?

Thanks in advance!

William Miller