[RE-wrenches] Cable tray

Andrew Truitt atruitt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 10:14:03 PDT 2013

Interesting Allan. My understanding has been that its good practice to shield even Sunlight Resistant conductors from UV, but maybe that is not as important as I thought. Are you confident that your exposed USE-2 insulation will hold up for the full lifespan of the systems?  What about compounding UV damage with other environmental conditions like hail, wind vibration, ice... There is also the question of damage from wildlife. I am all for reducing installation costs and learning from other trades and countries, however our systems do have certain unique energy production characteristics and should last 30+ years so there are cases when we do need to take additional steps to maximize long-term safety.

Which reminds me: is anyone aware of any work being done to develop standardized O&M protocols for commercial PV systems?

- Andrew Truitt

Sent from my iPhone