[RE-wrenches] Auto Gen on Outback

Randy Brooks Randy at BrooksSolar.com
Wed Mar 27 14:28:32 PDT 2013

Drake,

If the generator has a two wire auto start/stop, then a relay connected to the master FX AUX output, that opens and closes the auto start circuit, has worked reliably for us on a number of systems.  No need for a GSCM.

Just be sure all the FX charger settings, and MATE AGS settings are as desired.  In particular, be sure the DC GENSET is set to "NO", and the VDC GENSTOP is set to a high value that will never be reached during normal generator charging (the default is high enough).  The VDC GENSTOP will turn off the generator even if DC GENSET is set to "NO".  If the value is too low, the normal FX charging cycle will be interrupted prematurely.

Good luck,

Randy Brooks
Brooks Solar, Inc.
Solar Power for People