[RE-wrenches] GSCM-mini with Honda EM5000SX

SunHarvest eric at harvesthesun.com
Mon Mar 25 09:15:14 PDT 2013

Larry,

Thanks for your reply. For some reason the schematic I received from the tech at Atkinson did not show any wires being connected to pins 9 & 10 and as I'm a literalist I did not make those connections. After I received your (and other) feedback I connected gen power to those pins and the AGS seemed to function fine. Within 2 days the customer called me back saying his genny was shutting off after 20 mins of runtime. I told him to disconnect or reprogram one system component at a time to find the fault source. Before a fault source was determined, he observed that two batteries in his bank were experiencing the "battery terminals melting into the battery casing" (as was texted to me by the customer). I have no idea how a GSCM interface would cause or allow an overcurrent fault at the batteries but the timing of the installation seems to indicate that the AGS is at fault. Ever heard of this before?

Eric Stikes
SunHarvest Solar