[RE-wrenches] XW Config Tool problem

Jeff Yago jryago at dtisolar.com
Fri Mar 22 13:04:25 PDT 2013

We have an older Windows XP based laptop that we used for years for inverter
and array commissioning that also ran the XW configure software tool using a
USB software driver for the Xanbus Diagnostic Tool.  However, like all
computers, just when you get them to run all the software you need, they
die.

We had to replace this Windows XP laptop with a Windows 7 based laptop and I
finally found and downloaded the latest version of the XW config. Software
(not easy to find since Xantrex sold to Schneider Electric and now their
download library stretches for miles).

Unfortunately they do not offer (or I could not find after days of searching
their web site!) a download of the USB software driver and we lost this when
our old laptop died.  I am also not sure if the old version would have
worked with this newer Windows 7 laptop.

Anybody have a link to where we can download a USB driver for this Xanbus
interface that will work with Windows 7 ?

Thanks,

Jeff Yago