[RE-wrenches] P1 micro performance

Nick Soleil nsoleil at enphaseenergy.com
Thu Mar 21 23:04:28 PDT 2013

Good points David, we are in peak season for inverters to be limiting
power.

Marco, your diagram shows that the modules are only overproducing the
Enphase M215's output of 225 watts for a single 15 minute period during the
day.  That would only equate to about 3 watt-hours of lost power on a day
when the modules are producing more than 1000 watt-hours.  That tends to be
in agreement with our study, which can be viewed at;
http://enphase.com/wp-uploads/enphase.com/2011/12/Enphase_White_Paper_Module_Rightsizing.pdf.

Averaged across the entire year, this loss of power would total less than
0.1%, and would be less than 0.2% for a 265 watt module.  Keep in mind that
with degradation accounted for, you will see even less limiting in future
years.  I'd encourage Wrenches to look closely at the attached document.
It is based upon real system production data from Enlighten compared
against actual irradiance data.

Most analysts would agree that some "clipping" is good.  You will have a
better return on your investment when your DC to AC ratio is greater than
one.  In this case, bigger is better.

Cordially,

*Nick Soleil*

*Field Applications Engineer
*

*Enphase Energy*

Mobile: (707) 321-2937

**

*Enphase Commercial Solar.*
*Limitless.*<http://www.enphase.com/commercial?utm_source=email&utm_medium=sig&utm_campaign=Comm2012>

*
*<http://www.enphase.com/commercial?utm_source=email&utm_medium=sig&utm_campaign=Comm2012>

1420 North McDowell

Petaluma, CA 94954

www.enphase.com <http://www.enphaseenergy.com/>

P: (707) 763-4784 x7267

F: (707) 763-0784

E: nsoleil at enphaseenergy.com

[image: nabcep logo] Certified Solar PV Installer #03262011-300

“Don’t get me wrong: I love nuclear energy! It’s just that I prefer fusion
to fission. And it just so happens that there’s an enormous fusion reactor
safely banked a few million miles from us. It delivers more than we could
ever use in just about 8 minutes. And it’s wireless! .”

- William McDonough

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not review, use, copy, disclose or distribute this message. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.