[RE-wrenches] Generator Controlled Mini Grid

Drake drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Tue Feb 12 16:28:45 PST 2013

Hi Kevin,

Right now we are in the stages of investigating what is
possible.  The design is for 10kW of PV - inverter capacity.  The
inverters will be Sunny Boys, so if may be possible to regulate them.

We haven't decided on a generator yet.  A dump load sounds like a
good way to absorb excess power.

Have you heard of electronic controls to facilitate this process?

Thanks,

Drake