[RE-wrenches] getting PV modules up to the roof

Solarguy ntrei at 1scom.net
Sun Feb 10 14:35:37 PST 2013

We started buying scaffolding in 2007 after renting it for our first 3
years.

One man can lift one module 7 feet up to where one more man can grab then
stack it on a solid platform 4 deep on each end of the walkboards. 8 panels
stacked 8 feet off the ground in under 10 minutes.

Step off the walkboard onto a 2nd story roof.

Yes it's a significant investment and is bulky to transport but it makes
roof access way easier, provides a place to keep tools & equipment within
reach and is just plain easier to climb than ladders. And safer.

Not to mention it's a great assembly platform for trackers.

http://www.ntrei.com/scaffold.pdf

Jim Duncan

North Texas Renewable Energy Inc

www.ntrei.com <http://www.ntrei.com/>