[RE-wrenches] Enphase "AC Frequency out of Range"

penobscotsolar at midmaine.com penobscotsolar at midmaine.com
Tue Feb 5 09:24:43 PST 2013

Dave,
   It doesn't happen often, and the longest I've seen him stay "down" is
about a half hour, but it seems to get progressively worse as time goes
on for some reason (initially only the five minutes, but longer down
times lately). This particular customer is difficult and picky, to
boot. I hope yours is a bit kinder. Mine seems to think we did him an
injustice of monumental proportions.
   We have had the utility out there logging events, meetings with the
utility and another solar company in Maine to discuss all this, and
have kept Enphase in the loop throughout. Enphase has responded in a
responsible and reasonable manner throughout.
   If you want to discuss this with Enphase, call and ask for Bret. He's
the engineer I previously dealt with, although he is second tier, he is
accessible.