[RE-wrenches] Enphase "AC Frequency out of Range"

penobscotsolar at midmaine.com penobscotsolar at midmaine.com
Tue Feb 5 09:01:27 PST 2013

Dave,
  We have been having the same problem with an Enphase system in Maine. I
have been dealing directly with the third tier engineers at Enphase and
they are working on a software fix for this. The"event" itself is only a
fraction of a second but IEEE requirements are that the inverter shut
down for five minutes. I only found out about this problem when it
started for this customer. It sems that Enphase has already addressed
the problem with a software fix for the M-190's. The M-215 fix should
come, according to Enphase, by the end of March. It will be
automatically downloaded through the Enlighten router.
   It's a known issue with Smart Meters with Enphase, but should be
reconciled soon.

Daryl DeJoy
NABCEP Certified PV installer
Penobscot Solar Design