[RE-wrenches] cleaning battery caps

Dana dana at solarwork.com
Thu Jan 10 05:20:48 PST 2013

I have yet to see any of these water saver caps that last more than a few
years. For the cost regular service seems a lot less expensive.
My last experience was calling the manufacturer and he said that 24 volt
caps were only safe and expected to work to 28 volts and needed to be
removed. He also stated that I was in error charging a 24 volt bank over 28
volts as it was dangerous. I begged to differ but it turned into a verbal
pissing match immediately. I quit using them after eventually removing every
set I have run across as they were damaged. This was a few years back.

Has anyone had a new or current experience that is positive and really long
lasting?

Dana Orzel - Great Solar Works, Inc -  dana at solarwork.com  -
www.solarwork.com
V - 970.626.5253                      F - 970.626.4140                 C -
970.209.4076
"Responsible Technologies for Responsible People since 1988"  NABCEP #
051112-136