[RE-wrenches] Subject: Re: Security on a ground mount?

Ross Taylor wind.trainer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 11:47:25 PDT 2013

The reality (which you already know, of course) is that there's no ideal
security option.  Even if the panels are riveted in place, nothing prevents
the frustrated thief from trashing the panels.  Kind of a no-win situation
and height is your best friend.

In fact, that's the true reason we don't ground mount wind turbines.
 You'll hear all kinds of people blame it on turbulence or diminished
performance.  Don't let them fool you - wind turbines are on towers to
prevent theft.

Ross

(sorry, couldn't resist and YES I'm joking...)