[RE-wrenches] MC Cable for DC runs

Howie Michaelson howie at suncatchervt.com
Mon Oct 21 11:15:26 PDT 2013

Hi All,

Just had a conversation with an electrician friend who took a John Wiles
course for inspectors a couple of weeks ago, and he thought (but wasn't
sure) that John said in order for it to be code to use MC cable for PV
homeruns inside the building envelope, the cable needed to be rated for
DC.  This was new information to me, particularly since I've never heard
of MC cable being rated specifically for DC.  Is this accurate
information, and does anyone know what the wire spec would be for this?

Thanks,
Howie
--
Howie Michaelson
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer™

Catamount Solar, LLC
Renewable Energy Systems Sales and Service
VT Solar Electric & Hot Water Incentive Partner
http://www.CatamountSolar.com
802-272-0004