[RE-wrenches] GFCI generator outlet

All Solar, Inc. allsolar at scswifi.net
Sun Oct 13 06:57:21 PDT 2013

Wrenches
I recently visited a site where their backup gen has GFCI outlets used for input to the FX inverter.
They finally tried to charge the batteries, and it trips the GFCI.
As a test I replaced it with a standard outlet and it works fine.
I have never used a gen with GFCIs, In fact most are hard wired.
Is the outlet the problem or is there really a ground fault?
Is there a safety issue?
I'm pretty sure the neutral and ground are bonded at the mains panel.

Thanks
Jeremy Rodriguez
All Solar

Sent by Jeremy's iPhone. Sorry for typos and shorthand!