[RE-wrenches] question about pole mount interconnection

Ron @ earthRight Solar solareagle at solareagle.com
Mon Oct 7 20:08:08 PDT 2013

Hi Wrenches, I am installing six 8 panel pole mounts in a grid tied system. My question is about preference for cable run between the poles. I am interested in industry best practices. I have been told that running conduit between the poles, i.e. along the axis, will hold the cabling but the poles of course must be precisely aligned. The alternative is to run cabling down the poles, underground and up the next pole. This is wasteful of materials, expensive to the client and in my view presents as many safety concerns as the other option. Hope to hear some ideas.

Ron