[RE-wrenches] transformerless inverters and conductor colors

Marco Mangelsdorf marco at pvthawaii.com
Mon Sep 23 12:27:30 PDT 2013

Hi all,

We're doing more and more installs with TL inverters (SMA and P1).

I'm using double-insulated wire from the array string to the first
enclosure, as in j-box, and then transitioning to standard THHN/THWN wire.

I recently purchased some of that #10 double-insulated wire, getting a spool
of black and white.

Then after receiving the two spools it occurred to me: since the array is
ungrounded, as far as there being no grounded conductor in the circuit, did
I blow it by getting a spool of white wire?

What sayeth you all?  Can I not use that white wire in those array circuits
for TL inverters?

Thanks,

marco