[RE-wrenches] Xantrex XW system stability

Kevin Pegg kpegg at energyalternatives.ca
Thu Aug 22 10:18:05 PDT 2013

Hello Wrenches,

Curious how others are finding the stability of larger Xantrex XW deployments? We have an installation with 12 Xanbus devices (4 x XW6048, 6 x XW-MPPT60, 1 x AGS, 1 x SCP) and it keeps crashing. Power cycle the whole system and it's fine for a few weeks and then it crashes again.

I find with smaller deployments under 5 Xanbus devices the stability is much better, but still get the occasional customer call with a system gone haywire and a power cycle fixes.

This particular installation is in the high arctic darn near the north pole and sending a tech up there next week to resolve. Needless to say, it's an expensive ordeal to get up there.

Kevin