[RE-wrenches] Tristar

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Tue Jul 23 17:14:15 PDT 2013

Friends:

Thanks for the reply.  Here is what I wrote to my client:

Here is my theory: The batteries were chronically undercharged, causing
sulfation. When the new PV and CC were installed, the sulfation manifested
itself in high voltages, and boiling of the cells. The dead cells were
already dead or dying before you installed the Tristar.

I can not test the charge controller without a known good set of batteries.
When I do reach the manufacturer, I can apply for a replacement charge
controller, but until you replace your batteries, it will be a waste of
time.

I sense that you are unwilling to accept that your batteries are all bad. I
can not help you maintain system with defective batteries and in that case,
I should not be your technician.

Sincerely,

William Miller

17395 Oak Rd. Atascadero, CA 93422
www.millersolar.com <http://www.millersolar.com/>
805-438-5600 voice*
*Note: above number replaces cell number