[RE-wrenches] Trace PS 2524

Drake drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Mon Jul 1 13:36:50 PDT 2013

Hello Wrenches,

An off grid home is powered by a 2001 Trace PS 2524. The inverter
won't stay on for more than a few seconds even though the battery
voltage and condition seem fine.

I never installed any of these units, as they got bad reviews when
they came out. There are no obvious displays or knobs to make
adjustments. Does anyone have (or know where I can get) a manual for
this, or any idea what might be going on on.

It quit working for no obvious reason. It showed intermittent
symptoms for some time before going belly up. (It worked fine when I
was on site).

When switched to the search mode, it won't find its loads. When
switched to the ON position, it goes on for a few seconds then stops.

Does anyone work on these? Would it be worth repairing.

Thanks,

Drake

Drake Chamberlin
Athens Electric LLC