[RE-wrenches] Sw4024

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Fri Jun 21 09:58:36 PDT 2013

Lee:

I have been installing and repairing SW inverters for decades but I admit
complete ignorance, until now, of the MC version units.  In case you need
resources, below are some:

MC2 Supplement 1:
http://www.altestore.com/store/Inverters/Mobile-RV-Inverters/Above-2000-Watts-MobileRV/Xantrex-4000W-Sw4024Mc2-24Vdc-120Vac-Inverter/p2242/pdfs/xantrex/SW2512MC%20&%20SW4024MC2%20Supplement%20One.pdf

MC2 Supplement 2:
http://www.altestore.com/store/Inverters/Mobile-RV-Inverters/Above-2000-Watts-MobileRV/Xantrex-4000W-Sw4024Mc2-24Vdc-120Vac-Inverter/p2242/pdfs/xantrex/SW2512MC%20&%20SW4024MC2%20Supplement%20Two.pdf

Good discussion on the differences:
<http://www.ourodyssey.us/bus-e-trace.html>http://www.ourodyssey.us/bus-e-trace.html

The MC stands for Motor Coach.  One would think that these units have bond
switching, but surprisingly, they don't.

The units I was offered are older units and are very likely not MC2 units.

I don't know if gen support exists on MC2 units.  I am sorry, I know that
is your original question.  I am ccing this to Re-wrenches since the links
may be valuable to someone.

Wm