[RE-wrenches] Orphan Dankoff pump - controller?

Hilton Dier III hiltondier at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 20:16:55 PDT 2013

Hello Wrenches,

I got a call last week to go out and look at a DC pump that had stopped
working. probably hit by lightning in our recent spate of thunderstorms.
The pump is a Dankoff 24V ETAPump. The controller that got popped was a
more recent style of controller that uses a normal pressure switch. I
replaced it with their old spare controller, which uses a pressure
switch that closes when the pressure goes high. Luckily they still had
that switch.

The older style controller was cranky and had to be reset on a regular
basis, so they are looking for another controller like the popped one.
They don't seem to exist anymore. I know that Dankoff got bought out by
a bigger company (Conergy?). Is there a controller for the old ETAPump
being sold under another name? Is there a compatible controller from
another company? It seemed to be one of those units like the Lorentz
that turns 24/48 VDC into some kind of 3-phase power. It also has a
pressure switch input and a low water input.

Thanks.

Hilton

--
Hilton Dier III