[RE-wrenches] MPPT controllers 100Voc 30 amp Phocos?

Dan Fink danbob88 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 10:09:00 PDT 2013

Esteemed Wrenches;

I was posting on a thread here a couple months ago about the BZ Products PV
controller; nice size and price point but mixed reviews here and elsewhere.
A need quite a few of them, and my regular wholesalers don't carry them so
I'd have to buy retail. Weight and size are issues too in addition to
price, I'm going to be backpacking these suckers into remote sites. The
Morningstar Tristar MPPT is really heavy and bulky, and our prices just
went way up for some reason.

Just came across this:
Phocos MPPT100/30-1
http://www.phocos.com/products/mppt-100-30a

Anyone tried Phocos controllers of any sort? Any comments?

Incidentally, I need 100Voc, as the PV modules are Kaneka thin film at 92v.
Splitting up a large array into some smaller ones this year. Otherwise I'd
just go with Blue Sky.

Dan Fink,
Executive Director;
Otherpower
Buckville Energy Consulting
Buckville Publications LLC
NABCEP / IREC accredited Continuing Education Providers
970.672.4342