[RE-wrenches] Adjusting a ground mount.

Jesse Dahl dahlsolar at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 19:48:28 PDT 2013

Hello,

I was contacted by a homeowner to come look at a system installed by others and come up with a way to make  the tilt angle of their ground mount easier to adjust.  It uses DPW adjustable ground mount for the racking and Is broken up into 3 sections of 8 modules in portrait.  It uses 18 sono-tubes as the support (two rows of nine).

First, two of the front 9 sono-tunes have settled which has made the array look kinda screwy. The l-feet have mounted directly to the finished concrete of the sono-tube so I figured if we could get strut in between the concrete and the l-feet this would help me "level" the array out. I've seen this in a few photos from various wrenches so any advice in this possible fix would be great.

Second, adjusting the tilt, the owner is adamant on changing the tilt. This things weighs a ton, and since he is in his 70's he usually recruits his 70 year old buddies to man handle this thing and isn't working for him anymore.  Could a person somehow use a third arm from a tractor or a turn-buckle to try make this easier?  Attaching it could be a problem, but is the idea sound?

As always thanks for all the help!

Jesse

Sent from my iPhone