[RE-wrenches] Old Modules for GIT system?

Dana dana at solarwork.com
Tue Jun 4 13:01:42 PDT 2013

I have a client eat has a 24 - Solarex  SX 80 PV module system that was off
grid, Trace inverter, APT Power panel and an very aged L-16 battery bank.

The utility came in and he wants to go grid tie. It is or was only 960 watt
originally. I realize that an array rewire is in order and it may only be a
1 KW system but he is interested in getting the equipment upgraded.

Has anyone done a grid tie with such a small array and with modules this
old?

Any thoughts on installing sealed batteries and leaving it alone?

Dana Orzel

Great Solar Works, Inc -  NABCEP # 051112-136

dana at solarwork.com  - www.solarwork.com

O - 970.626.5253    F - 970.626.4140   C - 208.721.7003

"Responsible Technologies for Responsible People since 1988"