[RE-wrenches] Running conductors between adjacent structures

Mac Lewis maclewis1 at gmail.com
Tue May 21 20:43:49 PDT 2013

Hello wrenches,

We have a system going in that has two separate inverters feeding into a
combiner panel, and then through a production meter.  For one of the
inverters, the two PV strings are mounted on an adjacent structure, about
15' away from the inverter.  There is no combiner, so we have two strings
and the EGC running through conduit, going underground, and then entering
the inverter with no means of disconnect on the building that the PV is
mounted.

Are there any code issues with running these DC conductors from one
structure to the other with no means of disconnect?  If so, can I fix it by
putting the inverter on the same building as the PV (changing the DC run to
an AC run)?

Thanks in advance for your insights

--

Mac Lewis