[RE-wrenches] Envoy on ATT Hotspot

Drake drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Thu May 16 07:57:45 PDT 2013

Hello Wrenches,

We are attempting to connect an Envoy to an ATT wireless Internet
system.  Since the system provides no RJ 45 ports, we need some other
device to bridge the wireless connection to the web.

Enphase recommended a Cradle Point router, which might have some
issues, as the site is limited access.  It will be tuned on and off
with a power strip switch.  I called the 3G Store, and they
recommended a "Pepwave Surf
Mini."  http://3gstore.com/product/1813_pepwave-surf-mini-200.html
 From the description, it sounds like it would work.

Has anyone connected a system like this to the Internet?  What
equipment would you recommend?  Also, if for some reason this is not
possible, please let me know that.

Thank you,

Drake

Drake Chamberlin