[RE-wrenches] 3-phase PV Inverters for 600 VAC Mfg Plant

Paul Lyons Lyons at ZapotecEnergy.com
Wed May 15 11:03:06 PDT 2013

Stump the RE-Wrenches:

You know the NPR radio show, Car Talk, when they play "Stump the Chumps"?  I
visited a manufacturing plant last week that has a 13.8 kV primary service
that is stepped down to 600 VAC secondary by an indoor 1500 A transformer
and distributed around the plant to the large pieces of equipment.  There is
a small transformer for 240/120 single-phase devices in the relatively small
office area.

Do any of you know where I can find a UL-listed 3-phase inverter in the 300
kW range that can be interconnected to the 600 VAC buss?  There is a spare
600 A breaker. Feel free to contact me off the list.  Thank you.

Paul Lyons, P.E.

Zapotec Energy Inc.

675 Massachusetts Ave

Cambridge, MA 02139-3309

Tel: 617-547-5900  ext.201

Email:  <mailto:Lyons at ZapotecEnergy.com> Lyons at ZapotecEnergy.com