[RE-wrenches] Charging voltages

Jesse Dahl dahlsolar at gmail.com
Mon May 13 19:34:02 PDT 2013

Hello,

I'm interested in charging voltages for AGM batteries. After my visit to the site mentioned in the battery box thread, I was thinking about the system.

New install, 8 solarworld 255s charging a 24V battery bank through a outback FM80 (MPPT) All 8 modules in parallel.
VOC - 37.8
VMP - 31.4
ISC - 8.66
IMP - 8.15

I'm interested in the setpoints people use for AGMs because it seems like this might be cutting it close to the setpoints based on the array voltage. Since the system is using a MPPT controller would it be better to increase the array voltage?

Battery bank is 6 12V 245ah east penn bats wired 3 strings of 2.

I haven't used sealed batteries outside my fish house and boat so I'm looking for some detailed info if I can get it.

Thanks a lot!

Jesse

Sent from my iPhone